Facebook Live Broadcast with the Leader of Surrey County Council
Connect with us
Get regular updates on local issues and eventsFacebook
Our neighbouring Residents Association, Ewell Village, have released their latest newsletter. The
We have received an email from SES Water (formerly Sutton and East
Now is a good time to join West Ewell and Ruxley Residents’
It isn’t often we advertise our opposition in local politics, however, Surrey County Council Conservatives are offering a Facebook live broadcast with Councillor David Hodge. Cllr David Hodge is the Leader of Surrey County Council and you have an opportunity to ask your questions by commenting on Surrey County Council Conservative’s Facebook page.
We do have to give a rare credit to Councillor Hodge for undertaking such an event after the controversial decisions that have been made at County Hall in the last few years. Most of the questions currently centre around the streetlight switch off however this may be hiding some of the other issues.
- It was only in February this year we were looking at a 15% increase in Council Tax – will Cllr Hodge be proposing the same this year.
- Epsom and Ewell is being asked to build houses at over 500 per year, what provisions will Cllr Hodge make for ensuring that there are sufficient educational facilities available?
- Why is Surrey County Council choosing to fix roads that are not broken and not repairing those which are in greater need?
- Why have Councillor’s allowances been limited so they can no longer be spent on the issues that residents are most concerned about, such as switching on the street lights and highways repairs?
- And lastly – a political one – why do Conservative Councillors in Epsom and Ewell believe that residents should pay for streetlights twice by using the Epsom and Ewell Borough Council tax proportion to pay for a service that our Surrey County Council Tax should pay for?